Saturday, July 24, 2010

To Whom It May Concern,

It rules over this world that we all blindly see.
Causing my mind the desperate urge to pee.
That is to say,
“I want to purge my conscience of the pressures that they wish me to be.

It started our war,
now it wants us to flee.
It gave us our rights,
but it says we're still not free.

It hires faces to promote the cause at hand,
it's gotta look good to take a stand.
Relief for slavery is in demand,
you've heard it from Oprah or that famous band.

Traffiking is running rampant,
you've heard it from the press.
A kid's getting beat across your own street,
but I digress.

We live with
...cell phones
...iPods
...HDTVs
...internet
Somewhere a teenage girl feeds her digipet.
...Facebook
...Hulu
...DVR
...Blueray disc
Technology waits for no one, damn whatever risk.

As urine collects in my bladder,
so
the messages
in
my brain.
And as the discomfort swells to my urethra,
so the plotting
of the agenda
for my own
selfish
gain.

I perform the “pee dance”,
to the toilet I do race
The plan for my life
now a shell of which it was based.
Whether beverage turned to piss,
or success that I had chased,
One thing is for certain,
both have turned to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment